Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C4T #3 Summary

Thumann Resources
Lisa Thumann
Lisa Thumann works “with innovative learning technology at The School for Global Education and Innovation at Kean University in New Jersey.” She “works with educators to improve teaching and learning using technology.” Lisa Thumann’s blog, Thumann Resources- more like Google Resources- is a wonderful blog focusing on the applications of Google in education and Google apps. I learned so much about Google through her blog.

First Post
Her post, 20 Percent Time, is about applying Google Company’s idea, 20% time. Google employees use 20 % of their time to working in a different field of expertise or explore their ideas in different parts of the company. I believe this is a great idea and worth incorporating into today's classrooms. She also includes links, provided by another teacher, to use as a basis of searching ideas. I commented on this post and asked for ideas of how I could incorporate 20% time into a high school math class. I think it would be great for my students to explore things they want to and feel more in-control of what they are learning. I wish my past teachers used this idea.
Second Post
In her post, Untapped Apps on Google Drive, Mrs. Thumann listed apps that many people do not know about! She describes how each app is useful and what it does. These apps are: Pixlar Editor, HelloFax, WeVideo, GeoGebra, TwistedWave, and RightSignature. I commented on this post to inform Mrs. Thumann how wonderful this post was! I think it is great to have attention brought to useful, unknown apps. I plan on using GeoGebra in my classroom because it incorporates Calculus, Algebra, Geometry, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment